Clutches Faults and Failure Causes
We can supply Clutch Kits for most makes
Ring to order or check availability
All prices Exclude VAT @ 20%
Fitting Service Available
Common Clutch faults are:
- SLIP - Caused by oil on the friction plate or worn
friction plate or some vehicles a badly adjusted clutch, the symptoms of clutch slip would be
partial or total loss of drive, vehicle speed lower
than normal compared with engine speed (higher than
normal engine speed on rev counter particularly on
boost for turbo engines).
- JUDDER - Caused by warped friction plate, weak or broken springs in the friction plate hub, oil contamination, high spots/heat spots on
flywheel, engine / gearbox mounts broken or the fitting of a lightened flywheel. The
symptoms of this would be a shudder and vibration as
vehicle moves off from rest.
- DRAG - Clutch not at correct adjustment or friction
plate sticking, lack of fluid in a hydraulic clutch system, fouling of the clutch pedal mechanism, warped friction plate or friction plate sticking on the splines, misaligned friction faces, siezed or partially siezed spigot bearing. The symptoms of this would be
difficulty in obtaining gear, particularly first and
- FIERCE - Usually caused by the type pf friction plate used in the clutch. Can also be partial seizure of the pedal linkage or contamination of fluid in the hydraulic operating system, Oil contamination on friction plate.
Common Driver faults are:
- RIDING - Resting the foot on the clutch pedal whilst driving.
- SLIPPING 1 - Holding the clutch half engaged to climb steep hills slowly for example a steep driveway.
- SLIPPING 2 - Holding the clutch half engaged or slowly pumping the pedal up and down when stationary on a hill causing the car to rock forwards and roll back, using it as a brake instead of engaging the handbrake.
THE ABOVE BAD DRIVING HABITS WILL WEAR YOUR CLUTCH OUT!
This applies even more so if you are running a sports clutch and higher horsepower
So now you know what will wear your clutch out you can buy your clutch here
Subaru Performance Clutch Kits, New Subaru Exedy & ACT Clutch Kit Prices Impreza Forester Legacy Fitting lowest subaru replacement clutch price cheapest subaru clutch price Exedy Organic Standard Clutch Subaru Stage 1 Exedy clutch, Stage 2 clutch Subaru 5 Speed Hyper Single Subaru Exedy six speed Clutch kits Exedy Twin Plate Clutch Kits ACT lightened Flywheels, Super Lightweight flywheels clutch supplied clutch fitted 1994 1995 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Subaru Clutch Racing Clutch Subaru Clutch,Subaru Clutch Kits, Subaru Impreza Clutch,Subaru Legacy Clutch,Subaru Forester Clutches,subaru replacement clutch,subaru new clutch,subaru clutch price,best subaru clutch price,lowest subaru clutch price,cheapest subaru clutch price,cheapest subaru clutch,Exedy clutches,Exedy 6 speed clutch,240mm Subaru Clutch,230mm Subaru clutch,Exedy 5 speed clutch,exedy sports clutch,Subaru organic clutch,subaru clutch fitting,subaru clutch kits,subaru 6 speed clutch,subaru 5 speed clutch,350 bhp,360 bhp,370 bhp,380 bhp,390 bhp,400 bhp,420 bhp,440 bhp,460 bhp,480 bhp,550 bhp, 500,bhp,515 lb ft,300 lb ft,320 lb ft,350 lb ft,390 lb ft,420 lb ft,450 lb ft,torque,tork,subaru race clutch,subaru flywheel,Subaru lightened flywheel, ACT Clutch Kits, ACT Lightened Flywheel, Super light flywheel,racing flywheel, Organic clutch, Subaru Exedy, Subaru twin plate,subaru hyper single,exedy subaru clutch,cheapest exedy clutch price,excedy clutch, Forester, Legacy, Hyper, Single, Twin, Triple, Carbon, Plate, Stage, 1, 2, Honda, Civic, Accord, NSX, Type, R, Hyundai, Isuzu, Kia, Kubota, Lexus, IS200, MAZDA, MX5, RX7, RX8, MITSUBISHI, EVO, EVOLUTION, NISSAN, 350, 370, Z, Skyline, GTR, Subaru, Impreza, WRX, STI,pink box,pink box organic