|The single scroll SMDX555H
- Specially designed turbine housing to replicate exacting tolerances of original IHI housings along with improved air flow for better spool and power figures,
- Special forged billet compressor wheel offering improved strength, lighter weight and improved flow over standard cast items. Designed to make 400bhp whilst offering OE like spool and in larger versions up to and beyond 500bhp.
- Garrett “Ballistic Concepts” dual ball bearing CHRA
- Specially designed compressor cover featuring standard or fly-by-wire outlet with 58mm inlet to fit OE Subaru intake pipe (76mm Ported Shroud also available at extra cost)
- 1.2 bar actuator fitted as standard
- Turbocharger fully blueprinted to motorsport standards.
- Recommended maximum boost level is 28-30 P.S.I.
- Full Fitting Kit Included
As a replacement for the TD04, the TD05, the VF34 and the VF35 and other IHI single scroll turbo in the right engine with the right set up (ceramic coated twisted up and down pipes, FMIC, parallel fuel rails, profiled cams, this turbo has reached the dizzying heights of 618BHP "This is an excellent turbo for people looking for quick spool and power/torque from 380bhp up to 500bhp" (and beyond in the right setup).
Download data sheet
Available in the following sizes:
-400 BHP, 58mm Inlet*
-450 BHP, 58mm Inlet*
-500 BHP, 76mm Inlet* **
Prices From £1290 plus VAT up to £1395 plus VAT
Restricted Oil Feed Fitting (+ £9.75 +VAT)
(required if over 30psi (2bar) oil pressure -Subaru)
Ceramic Coating, White (+£145.00)
Ported Shroud 76mm Compressor Cover (+£95.00)
Bronze Bearing Carriers (+£125.00)
Bronze bearing carriers can be specified as an option on the MDX555 range which replaces the standard phenolic resin itmes. This is a good upgrade for anyone using the vehicle on track days or in a motorsport environment.
*BHP figures are guidelines only
**Requires 76mm inlet pipe
Please note: All specifications are for reference purposes only and are subject to change without prior notice. All boost pressure recommendations are subject to engine condition and preparation. Modifications to the engine can affect the performance and reliability of the turbocharger and the related performance figures.